Sunday, May 19, 2013

The beginning.

Alright, let me explain...

We will begin with my name; it's Tessa. I am currently living my dream. (I know, the phrase tends to be overused but I truly feel blessed). I am a 25 year old veterinary student studying my passion. What's even more amazing is that my program (Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine) has given me the opportunity, via scholarship funds, to travel abroad this summer. I am spending 4 weeks in my chosen country of Brazil. I recruited 4 friends in the program to travel with me, where we will be working with veterinarians in several different fields. Two weeks with wildlife vets and 2 weeks at the University in Curitiba. And guess what...

I am about to experience a giant "slap in the face" and I cannot wait!

Have I mentioned that I speak Zero Portuguese and that I have only finished one year of vet school? We will be working on clinical cases in a different language with very little experience. Sounds like a recipe for success, eh? I think so too. Get ready, because it starts now and I will share every wonderful story with you. The Happy, the Sad, the Frustrating, the Funny and my personal favorite, the Awkward.

Time to be Blissfully Out of Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment